Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>,"Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 18:25:19 -0600
But Bill...

Nobody ever said they were always better than stacks. The question was,
originally, about portable operations such as the Team Vertical forays.

Certainly, the advantage is lost if you move more than 1/4-wl away from
water (see K2KW's web page).

Sheesh. I don't know why the yagi community feels as though they are under
attack on this one. Who, really, wouldn't prefer multiple 45Gs?

But in a portable situation, where your stuff has to meet airline baggage
requirements, I think the Team Vertical operations present a significant
case for choosing verticals over yagis.

73, kelly
ve4xt