Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful

To: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:52:06 -0500
Hi Kelly,

VE4XT wrote:

Nobody ever said they were always better than stacks. The question was,
originally, about portable operations such as the Team Vertical forays.

Sorry...just trying to shine the light of a few facts (i.e. modeling data, comparable contest results, etc) on all the opinions flying around. Actually the original question was about operating from a small station versus a big gun station, and had nothing to do with portable operations.

        As I said, verticals work very well for portable operations,
but they are not necessarily competitive with Yagi stacks,
as some have claimed.  I believe the gain figures I posted tell
the true story very concisely.

73, Bill W4ZV