[CQ-Contest] The battle of the Call Signs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The battle of the Call Signs
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <k7sv@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:16:46 -0500
Even spacing letters doesn't help in some cases. Before Steve dumped NJ4F for NR4M, we had a heck of a time with people hosing the call on cw. Seemed like half the time people had it as N1VF. We tried reducing speed when sending the call, putting spaces between the call, and both. Nothing seemed to work. NR4M is 100% better except for Sweepstakes!

I suspect that Bob W4DR had a recurring problem with the D and R in his call, because I've never heard him send it on cw without a space between them.

I hope that Jim Cain's (K1TN) attempt at rejuvinating the contesting juices is working. Great to here him back at it!

73 de Lar K7SV