Re: [CQ-Contest] Time zone multiplier for ARRL DX Contests

To: steve.root@culligan4water.com ("Steve.Root@culligan.com"),ah3c@frii.com (Peter Grillo), cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Time zone multiplier for ARRL DX Contests
From: W0uo@cs.com
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:39:03 -0500
Pete and Steve,

As I have said on this reflector before, top ten lists, etc. are not specified
in any contest rules. Competition is defined as local, with awards given,
typically, by zone, state of ARRL Section. The top ten, or sometimes top 5, or
in the case of Low Power CQ160, top two lists are a matter of editiorial
policy.

At any time, contest sponsors can change the policies behind their contest
writeups to take account of geographical advantage/disadvantage.  Since the
vast majority of their subscribers live within 400 miles of Dayton, I don't
believe it will ever happen.

73 de Jim
W0UO/5