Re: [CQ-Contest] $1000 receiver performance

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] $1000 receiver performance
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:44:01 -0700
From: "Bill Coleman" <aa4lr@arrl.net>
To: "Scott R." <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Cc: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 6:04 PM

> On Mar 7, 2005, at 9:05 AM, Scott R. wrote:

> As I read it, the TS-850 has better Blocking dynamic range
> (130-140
> dB), which is noise-limited on the Omni-VI (123 dB). The
> TS-850 also
> has better IMDDR (99-100 dB) than the Omni-VI (97-98 dB).
> These results
> based on the ARRL Lab tests as published in QST.

The only thing I remember about the receiver measurements on
the 850 in QST was that, with the AIP turned on, the ARRL
had to apply so much RF to the antenna terminals to make it
overload, that they were afraid to proceed, for fear of
burning out the front end. Now that's pretty good receiver
performance!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ