Re: [CQ-Contest] Global Flyer - Sleep deprivation, food intake,and physi

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Global Flyer - Sleep deprivation, food intake,and physical ...
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:46:50 EST
In a message dated 3/11/2005 8:24:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
steve.root@culligan4water.com writes:

>>My wife thinks we're all crazy.  I don't think I want a professional opinion
that might agree with her!<<

I started to wonder about that myself, when one time, in the M/M operation I
woke up to "CQ Contest..."  coming from all corners of the house. I thought to
myself: "Are we nuts?" Then when I sat down to run the pileup, I said:
"Naaah, this is LIFE"

We are not alone. What's the difference from those running around in circles,
swimming back and forth, NASCARing...? Only different "department"

If not contesting, I would be a "dead Ham" long time ago. What else is there?
Done DXCC 3 times, designed, built radios, modified commercial junk, built
super antennas, got eggs in the windows for wiping out TV reception, done some
VHFing, QRPeeing (enough).

Each next contest is the whole new ballgame with huge propagation variable
and our skills to build better station, bigger mother antennas and work all
those stations that others can't even hear. Each contest is the challenge on
its
own, with possibility of beating that "unbeatable" record, that would stay
there for a while.

All time record tables are the ultimate goal, so do not dilute them with
zillion categories, like half element, QRP, packet crutch assisted....

Are we crazy? Naaah, just nuts about radio and its mysteries.

Yuri, da radio BUm

As far as staying awake, get on Dr. Atkins diet, stay away from
carbohydrates, THEY make you sleeeeepy!!