[CQ-Contest] LoTW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] LoTW
From: "Chris Tran ZL1CT" <zl1ct@gm7v.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:56:49 +1200
Hello all

I'd like to congratulate the ARRL team responsible for the 'Logbook of the
World' - it's great !  I've uploaded 183441 QSOs made since 1992 with 15
different callsigns, which have so far resulted in 14731 QSL 'matches' -
this is an 8% return (current overall LoTW QSL rate = 4.3%) - this rate is
slowly rising as more and more logs are uploaded. Good to see large and
small DXpeditions uploading logs as well (D68C, VP8THU, etc)  GM7V has
reached 93 countries 'electronically' confirmed on 10m, but the extra 7 may
be difficult as the sunspots decline !

So far LoTW has cost me $ zero - I will be glad to contribute as soon as the
numbers reach 100. With 2 QSL managers to help, LoTW has made contesting
easy again - I now don't think twice about how many QSOs are made any
contest weekend, knowing that the QSLing will be taken care off, one way or
the other.

One minor gripe - the box 'Select QSOs to list' baffles me - could be made
more user-friendly ?

73
Chris
ZL1CT