Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300? - a "thinking out of the box" idea

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300? - a "thinking out of the box" idea
From: "John W" <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:49:37 -0500
For the record, I loved N6KI's idea.

But if this is real emergency traffic, then what about moving the dedicated
emergency frequency to one that is virtually guaranteed to always be clear,
and yet will still have the same propagation characteristics as 14.300. For
example, how about 14.353 or 14.140 ?

If I understand the rules correctly, either of these are perfectly legal for
emergency use.  Would that solve the problem?  The QRG would nice and quiet
all the time until a "mayday" breaks the silence.

I'm sorry for my ignorance in not knowing what transpires on 14.300, but
from reading the mail, this seems viable to me.

John
w2id