Re: [CQ-Contest] Worked Before...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Worked Before...
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:03:32 +0300
In recent WPX I actually started to say "We've worked before, Roger?"

I started to feel that it actually saves time compared to common thinking
that just work them. That is due to the fact that actually some 80% of the
dupes are real dupes and have worked you before. Those are just guys who
probably do paper logging or just don't check their log and call you. There
are also guys who call you before checking and probably find out right after
that but don't start to abort the QSO and just log it.

At least after asking Roger most of the guys said either "yes, sorry" or
"sorry" or "ok". There were ones who said that "no, you're not in my log"
and then I happily logged them.

So as a result I actually save time (especially in WPX where QSOs with
numbers are longer!!) plus I actually get some useful information about the
psychology of callers, their logging habits, etc...

And, very importantly, you might save yourself some penalties and points by
finding out about previously wrongly logged QSOs.

73
tonno
es5tv