Re: [CQ-Contest] How about ditching ARRL DX top 10 completely?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How about ditching ARRL DX top 10 completely?
From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 00:02:15 -0400
Face it gang; there are inequities in the contest.  There are inequities in
EVERY contest.  Some sections/states/provinces/entities/multipliers are
physically bigger/smaller than others; some have significantly
larger/smaller populations than others; some have significantly
larger/smaller licensed amateurs than others; active amateurs; active
contesters; etc.

As has been previously noted, years ago those closer to the Left Coast had
the runs of JA's that those of us here near the Least Coast could only dream
of.  Now, the expanding active EU's have more than compensated for the
mysterious decline in JA's.  Go figure.

And frankly, I'd LOVE to be able to be listed in a Top Ten box one of these
years, but a modest station (back when I had a house and a shack) made that
unlikely.  But hey!  I was quite happy with the occasional Section level
certificate.  I always tried to do better the next year, and sometimes I was
lucky enough to do so.

Is the contest 100% fair to all?  No.  Never has been, never will be.  So it
goes.

In short:  It ain't broke.  Don't fix it.

73, ron wn3vaw

and now, the 2005 annual telling of the Jack Bogut Memorial Joke...
They won't be serving beer at PNC Park this year...
...because the Pirates lost the opener *sigh*