Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Forum Rooms for DX/Contesting

To: K1AR@contesting.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Forum Rooms for DX/Contesting
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:37:44 EDT
K1AR writes:

> So, Saturday's scenario has now become: 1) wake up; 2) have a nice
breakfast
upstairs; 3) attend antenna forum; 4) take a break and have a quick  sandwich
somewhere; 5) attend contest forum; 6) go get cleaned up for dinner; 7)  do
the suites; 8) head to airport the next morning. In my book, that sure sounds

like a winner! No HARA, no smelly hams, no sucky AV, comfortable seating for
all, no hassle getting to and from a place you don't want to be at anyway,
etc.

    Oh, MAN!! Correcto mundo! The MOST ENJOYABLE Dayton experience I've had
(besides my first time in the early 80's which will never be forgotten) was a
couple of years ago when I was able to attend and NOT work. Woo woo!

    My Saturday was like John suggested except that I went to the Dayton Art
Museum and caught a photo exhibit by Linda McCartney of rock & roll artists
from the 60's and 70's (it was very cool and had a neat video accompanying it)
and then went to the Sheraton where they were having an exhibit and sale of
original Jerry Garcia artwork. And IT was fabulous. Then I went to the
contesting
dinner and never even went out to the Hamvention!!

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC