[CQ-Contest] EF-240S at 40 feet vs. 4 square

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] EF-240S at 40 feet vs. 4 square
From: deuhs@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 15:04:50 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hello all:

I currently have a EF-240S (part of  a C-4SXL) at 40 feet on a quad mount roof
tower. It works surprisingly well, and my quad mount (Glenn Martin) is built
like a tank.  Since my big tower project will probably be delayed until next
year, I've been thinking of replacing my 40 meter antenna with a 4 Square,
located in a marshy area of my yard. Granted, I realize we're talking two
different antennas but general thoughts appreciated.  BTW, if I move take down
the 40 meter elements I can then raise my 20-10 m elements up another 10 feet
or mount something like a 2 ele quad.

Thanks - CU at Dayton!
Greg
K0PJ/9