Re: [CQ-Contest] QSO Penalties

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSO Penalties
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:27:56 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/05 6:27:24 PM Greenwich Standard Time, K3BU@aol.com
writes:
Thank you for another example of "ham" logic :-)
Let me try another example, maybe it will help.
You are doing driver's test. You answered one question wrong. Examiner will
take out another 3 good answers out "to teach you a lesson". Right?!  Etc.
etc.
Reasoning about possible other errors that log checking cannot detect to make
the 3 QSO penalty right makes as much sense as above example.
They used to, and I believe they still do, "punish" guessing on the SAT test.
 Leave it blank, no penalty, guess wrong and you are penalized.  The catch is
to know when to intelligently guess and when not to...another "skill" which
successful contesters develop and use....a skill which mediocre ops have to
learn to be top shelf ops.

Bill K4XS