Re: [CQ-Contest] Principles behind multipliers

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Principles behind multipliers
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:03:34 -0400
Wow --

This discussion has gone far, far beyond my simple request to change the
geographic locator reference and multiplier value of the District of
Columbia for the North Amnerican QSO Party contests.

My intent in asking for this enhancement of the NAQP contest was to
provide an incentive for those of us who own and/or operate stations in
the District of Columbia to participate in these contests, in which many
of us otherwise would not, and to give participants from other locations
"another one to catch."

My request was for the NAQP only, none other.  I did not ask to change
any other the geographic location or multiplier status.

I certainly did not expect the comments I've seen.

Thank you all for this enlightening discussion!

73, Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC (DC = the USPS abbreviation for the District of Columbia)