Re: [CQ-Contest] Station-Specific Incentives

To: "Jack Brindle" <jackbrindle@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station-Specific Incentives
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:09:44 -0500
OH stations aren't bound by FCC rules, nor am I.

However, I think you may be overinterpreting the framer's meaning of the
term pecuniary interest.

If you were to use 144 FM to dispatch cement trucks, that would be illegal.

If you were to broadcast advertisements for TR on 14.200, that would be
illegal.

I certainly don't see how receiving one crummy (no offence OH*W) videotape
counts as pecuniary interest. At least no more so than the free trip to
Bermuda from years past, or the bottle of California wine from CQP, or an
orange from FQP. Particularly since nobody is being charged any money for
the videotape, so the videotape is at best a zero-sum game for the OH
stations.

Time to find a real problem to discuss, I'd say.

73, kelly
ve4xt