Re: [CQ-Contest] Station-Specific Incentives

To: "Bill" <k6km@northvalleywireless.com>, <K3BU@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station-Specific Incentives
From: "Bob Gates" <regates@kingwoodcable.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:34:19 -0500
Too bad his score was so low he wasn't able to finish college.  Who knows, had
he been able to graduate he might have been able to land a lucrative career in
business. :)  Hi Chipper.

73, Bob W7BJ
  Fewer will recall when a college kid named "Chip," operating from
  W7RM, used the plea in SS phone 72(?) "Rush (Drake, station
  owner) is paying me a buck a QSO and I need the money for college."
  Something close to that.

  It happened on the air during the contest so he probably didn't go
  to jail for it. Wonder what happened to that clever kid...

  Yeah, I know.....

  Bill K6KM