[CQ-Contest] GRENADA - OP(S) NEEDED FOR CQ WW SSB CONTEST IN OCTOBER

To: "'CQ-Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] GRENADA - OP(S) NEEDED FOR CQ WW SSB CONTEST IN OCTOBER
From: Harry or Marge Flasher <hflasher@dayton.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:14:54 -0400
In the last few weeks I have lost two firm ops for the above contest,
before and after.  None of the MAYBE category that I contacted have not
yet decided.

At my age (71), I find it very difficult to be on the air for the time
needed to fill all band needs.  The only other firm op has little
contest experience.   Thus we need help.  We have access to the J3A
goodies and other equipment stored in Grenada and permission to operate
from the EOC location used by J3A.   An amplifier we borrow was likely
rendered useless by Hurricane Ivan last fall and a transceiver borrowed
is out of service.  The beam antennae (less 40 meters destroyed by Ivan)
have been stored (in major pieces) outside for 2 to 3 years and may need
some work.  Trip members will have to bring transceivers and/or
computers.   All considered I think we would be able to establish at
least 3 operating positions with amps.

The operating site is about 700 feet above sea level and about a 5 to 10
minute drive from a commercial hotel and restaurant  across the road
from water (no beach) .

I am not too concerned about contest/dx experience other than at least some.

My wife and that of the other firm op are not contest ops but will be
making the trip.  I mention this as one may bring along a spouse.

The plan is for a Tuesday arrival and departure.  This is a seven day
stay (longer OK).   I would anticipate about a day and half to 2 days
for set up, obtaining license, etc.  This would leave at least a full
day plus a good part of Monday for touring, going to beach or
operating.  Actually, one might be able to op on own during evening
hours once we have a station or so set up.

For more information, please contact me at 937-434-9616 (but not  after
5PM today) for more details and to discuss.

73  Harry  AC8G   J37K