Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-1000MP

To: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>,"David O Hachadorian" <k6ll@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-1000MP
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:17:45 -0000
That's not true..... Here is what the manual says: "Tuned preamp only operates
in the 1.8~7 and 24~30 amateur bands" (page 44) There is a lot more detailed
info on pages 44 & 45.
Now for real world tests; This afternoon I tried making A/B tests with the
beacons. Unfortunately I could only do it with weak signals because here 10m is
really dead. A signal that was S-2 increased to S-3. The noise floor didn't
register on the meter but was noticeably higher with the tuned preamp on. If my
body will cooperate with me tomorrow I'll hook-up another rig(Icom) and try the
tests again.

Thanks to the 3 guys who sent me engineering data. In a land far far away and
long long ago I was in engineering and worked in a screen room. Those are not
real world conditions. My ham station is real world, far, very far,  from ideal
conditions. I can't control the noise and I can't control the signal levels.

MAL                N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
http://geocities.com/n7mal/