Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Duration

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Duration
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:49:33 -0700
Vitor, PY2NY, wrote;

 > All right... In a 36/24 hours class,
 > even inside 48 hours contest, I would
 > change my last 4 years 20m effort
 > for All Bands participation, doing more
 > and giving more contacts to everyone...

You have nicely clarified the precise benefits to all participants that AL,
4L5A/D4B and I mentioned.  Thank You.

Mr. Wardster, N0AX, commented:

 > The contest sponsors and admins are already complete booked just trying to
 > keep the contests running as-is.

Methinks the contest sponsors and admins need to FULLY automate their
processes.  This might even help get scores published sooner, not to
mention saving them time.  BTW, the cost of computer hard drive space has
dropped dramatically in the last 10 years :-)

 > If you want a Three-Legged Greyhound category - just sponsor it yourself!

OK, Mr. Wardster, exactly where did you place the Spy Cam here?  I haven't
found it yet, but you must have been observing when when I was up in the
middle of the night actually working on the details of a separate very
unique contest!  A primary consideration is a set of rules which will
hopefully inspire more LPCS ("Little Pistol Contest Station") operators to
make a serious commitment to a competitive contesting experience, and have
a lot more fun in the process.

I'll fine tune it over the next few months, and most likely will launch
("Sponsor") it in early 2006.  Lots of Award Certificates, etc., and
possibly some California Wine for prizes like we do in the NCCC CQP.

 > Contests-within-a-contest are fun and easy.  Sponsors should have no problem
 > with them because they probably increase participation a little bit.  Just
 > don't poop on the rug by creating rules in conflict with the sponsor's
 > rules.

I agree...K7NV & I had a contest-within-a-contest some months back.  Kurt
won, but I actually had more fun in the event than if didn't have the "side
bet" !

RE: "Three-Legged Greyhound" and "don't poop on the rug" ... I really thing
you should seriously consider a career in "Stand-Up Comedy", Mr.
Wardster!  Very funny :-)

 > There goes the rabbit, Rick - after it!

Coincidentally, for months there has been a wild rabbit (with exceptionally
long ears) running around the property here.  Thankfully, he does not like
coax on the ground for dinner :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA

* CU in the Ultimate of QSO Parties - The CQP (California QSO Party)
* Oct 1st & 2nd (2005) - The 40th Anniversary Extravaganza Edition!!!
* http://www.cqp.org for details & mark your calendar NOW -)
* My Tentative Plans: A Major QRV From San Benito County