Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW results

To: Simon Pearson <lists+1@attenuate.org>, Art RX9TX <rx9tx@qrz.ru>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW results
From: Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:17:57 -0400
At 8/1/2005 09:44 AM, Simon Pearson wrote:
>Art, RX9TX wrote:
>
>> number of received logs, 2005:
>
>[...]
>
>> Russian  DX  -  2579  (+570  logs this year, and this number increases
>> CQWW SSB - 4092
>>
>> Wonder how long will it take for RusDX to overcome CQWW numbers :)
>
>Another couple of years, and I'm sure the number of logs received in
>the Russian DX contest will have overtaken the number of logs
>received in CQWW. And that will be *great* to see! :)
>
>Personally, I love Russian DX. There are so many mults to be had, so
>much activity, high rates for the entire contest (even from G! ;))
>and the principles within the RDXC committee totally beats that of
>CQWW.

Not only that, you receive a rather nice color booklet with all the scores and
data, your UBN data is emailed directly to you, and you receive an invitation
by email to enter the contest the following year.   I don't subscribe to CQ
mag, so I never know how I do.  Has the contest become a marketing ploy for
subscriptions?