Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW results

To: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>, N7MAL <N7MAL@citlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW results
From: Andrei Nevis <v49a@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 18:44:04 -0700 (PDT)
It has NOTHING to do with CQ Magazine. At all.
It depends on the management of that particular Contest, period.
If it is take only FIVE months for CQ RTTY WPX Contest Director to publish the
Results and SHORTLY after then to ship out all the plaques, certificates etc -
that means that this Director DOES the Job (of course not paid).
(CQ WW RTTY Contest takes, if I am not mistaken-about seven months to get their
reuslts)

If it takes almost a year (10 months) for CQ WW CW or SSB Contest to publish
the Results and then in three or whatever years to send out the plaques - that
means that those Directors are NOT doing their job, end of story. Simple.
My personal exsperience - I did wait just two years after 1995 CQ WW SSB
Contest to get my Plaque.
Now it seems things got worse.
The Director must go if he does not do his job but I doubt if here is any other
person who will be handling all that paperwork, I doubt it.
So, the Director will stay, until he decides to reside by himself.
The management of CQ Magazine and the management of any Contest is Not the
same, guys.
You've gotta realize that.

CQ Magazine is a GOOD stuff. Period.

73's Andrei (I do not work for CQ in any sense:)
EW1AR-NC2N
Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com> wrote:
Good job! Three years is excellent from CQ. My best (worst) for
receiving a CQWW plaque was eight years including three personal
appeals to management.

/Rick N6XI