Re: [CQ-Contest] Maybe a better idea for certificates

To: "CQ-Contest MailList" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Maybe a better idea for certificates
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 06:56:24 -0600
> The method that I envision for certificate distribution eventually is to
be able to access your results and then print your own certificate from the
contest sponsors  website for those that are eligible.

Bruce Horn WA7BNM has developed something like this for the NAQP. I received
an electronic NAQP pdf certificate last month that was automatically created
and then I downloaded it. An example of a generic certificate can be seen at

http://www.b4h.net/certs/

The technology is available. The problem will be to convince contest
sponsors like the CQWW to use it. This will be a much more difficult process
since some sponsors have an established track record of ignoring the wishes
of its participants.

Syl

Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon SK