Re: [CQ-Contest] Maybe a better idea for certificates

To: "Jim Monahan" <K1PX@msn.com>,"cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Maybe a better idea for certificates
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:48:53 -0700
Hi,

As Syl noted in a separate e-mail, I've already built a system that can
provide full-color, print quality certificates in pdf form for any contest.
I started with the NAQPs since I do the log checking for all three modes.
My system would only require a contest or certificate manager to upload the
information needed for each certificate into a database. The application
automatically e-mails the recipient that a certificate is available with
instructions of how to download. The database tracks how many times the
certificate is downloaded, allows a certificate manager to limit the number
of times the certificate can be downloaded, and attaches a signature of
authentication to the certificate. The certificate is created dynamically
when the user requests the download, so it is only a matter of storing the
information that will be printed on the certificate for each recipient and
the blank certificate.

In the case of the NAQPs, if a certificate recipient has a problem
downloading the pdf or can't print high quality documents, I print the pdf
and mail it to them.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)