Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency owners

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency owners
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:51:14 -0000
> One other memorable "highlight" of this NAQP SSB was the KF6 who gave me a
> signal report of "539" after his exchange...so I guess that means he knows
> what CW is.

Maybe he just liked the tone of your voice.

I had one during one of the july contests when there was a hurricane active.
My guest op called a European who was cq'ing around 14299 or so, worked him
and moved on.  A little while later I get an e-mail saying they were sending
a recording to riley... blah, blah, blah, because I was interfering with
hurricane traffic on the mm net... I went up to the net and listened a bit
and all that was there was the infamous intercon traffic net taking good ole
boy checkins.  And when someone asked about hurricane info they sent them to
14325!  And when someone came in that sounded like they were in trouble the
net control kept saying 'if you have an emergency call the coast guard'
because he couldn't hear him... then someone else who could hear the guy
took him off frequency to help out.  Great net!  I sent above info to riley
as a preemptive reply comment and got a response back to the effect 'no
problem'.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net