[CQ-Contest] long callsigns

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] long callsigns
From: Derrick Belbas <ve4vv@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:45:00 -0500
VE7VEDAY was recently active, and still might be, for all I know.

When Kelly and I did the Minnesota QSO party, we briefly considered using
W0/J79VV/m/(3 letter county name), but we elected to not do that after I was
advised by ARRL that I should properly use a VE#xxx/W0 call, which was
arduous enough.

There was a recent change to the call sign rules up here allowing lengthy
suffixes, so expect to hear more of those.  But they won't allow 2x1's for
daily use.  Go figure.  Apparently it's a "prestige" issue.

73

derrick
VE4VV