Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Logs Needed

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Logs Needed
From: "Tim Makins" <tim.ei8ic@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:08:20 +0100
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 2:25 PM

> The concept has been around for a while actually.
> http://www.k1ttt.net/images/prop3.gif
>
> David Robbins K1TTT
> e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
> web: http://www.k1ttt.net

Hi David - thanks for mentioning your Contest Propagation Prediction Tool.
http://www.k1ttt.net/software.html#mofdos which I'm sure is an excellent
program. If I read the website correctly, it says that the tool helps an
operator to know when the bands should be open, and to where.

LogView is something quite different. It is a post-contest tool, for
analysing contest performance. You feed in a contest log, and it plots all
of the QSOs on one of 8 different maps by finding the position of each from
an online database of about 970,000 W/VE callsigns. You can step through the
log manually, or animate the contest and watch QSOs build up in the order
that you made them. You can choose to display all, or selected bands. You
can compare your QSOs with published contest results, and see who you didn't
work. It can highlight gaps in your antenna coverage. You can search the log
and highlight results on the map. Position, distance and bearing information
is available for each QSO. A full list of features will be released when the
tool goes live, but these are the highlights.

PS - To everyone: I now have enough Test Logs, except for the TARA-RTTY
contest. If you have a post-2001 TARA-RTTY log, I'd like to see it.

73s Tim EI8IC
http://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/
Ham Map Heaven. Contester Resources.
Free zone maps, and contest bandplans
The most comprehensive free prefix maps on the web