Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Logs Needed

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Logs Needed
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 16:45:13 -0000
You are right, the prop program featured on the web page is for prediction.
But there is an older part that is rarely used that extracts hourly maps
from a log to display actual openings which that gif file is a snapshot of.
This was from a yccc meeting presentation in 1991.  In addition the analysis
tool also displayed hourly breakdowns by zone, beam heading, continent,
country, and a couple other parameters.  Of course the reason the post
contest tool is rarely used now is that it only works on ct version 6/7
logs.  (the original source for it is posted on my web site now so anyone
interested could update it if they wanted)

There are also some other examples.  The ar-cluster software displays maps
of real time spots for the sysop using DX Atlas.  And I have written one to
play around with that could be used for packet spots or logs using Microsoft
mappoint.  On the dx atlas web site there is also a tool called band master
that maps dx spots onto dx atlas.  And also on the dx atlas page:
http://www.dxatlas.com/Compat.asp there are a dozen or so other loggers and
tools that map logs, spots, and/or propagation data of various forms.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net