Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight [was:UBN/Log disclosure...]

To: "Jack Brindle" <jackbrindle@earthlink.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight [was:UBN/Log disclosure...]
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 20:29:03 -0500
> There are several problems with real-time scoring, but the most
> glaring is that it provides the same service as packet spotting.

How?

Real-time scoring would, or should, only show who was on, not where they
were, other than possibly the band.

Absent real-time actual frequency information, I fail to see how this is a
threat to single-op categories.

This sounds like the webcam argument from last year when people were so
afraid that webcams amounted to non-amateur solicitation despite the fact
that on all the webcams I've ever seen, you can't even make out who is
operating, nevermind on which frequency...

73, kelly
ve4xt