Re: [CQ-Contest] Domestic Contest Spots/Cheating

To: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Domestic Contest Spots/Cheating
From: <korey.chandler@us.army.mil>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:25:37 +0300
You nailed it, Ken.

I see the same things happen when I work major contests. Even when I don't have
internet access (I've been in some remote areas), I can tell when the "Cluster
Crowd" has discovered me. Sometimes the pileup lasts for hours and I suspect
that I was spotted numerous times. On the contrary, when I later check the spot
database, I may have been spotted only once during my run. I agree with your
analysis that the pileup activity attracts passersby. This happened quite often
during the All Asia CW contest.

Mal tends to make comments with no proof. Only a few proved to be mistaken.
This is just another example.

73,

Korey
YI9VCQ/KA5VCQ