Re: [CQ-Contest] Domestic Contest Spots/Cheating

To: "'Kenneth E. Harker'" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Domestic Contest Spots/Cheating
From: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <W5OV@W5OV.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:47:14 -0500

WM5R said:

"Mal never said that he could or would conclude that any particular station
was cheating.  He merely said that the number of stations submitting logs as
unassisted who worked him during periods immediately after he was spotted
seemed higher than reasonable."

Ken, if that was all Mal said, we would not be having this discussion.

He said: "It is easy to see that Packet-Cluster cheating is rampant and is a
real threat to honest contesting."

I asked for him to prove his "easy to see" theory.  He has not.

73,

Bob W5OV

P.S. I would also like to see a meaningful, comprehensive analysis of the
influence of packet as you suggest.