[CQ-Contest] CWJF MM on Dayton Weekend

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CWJF MM on Dayton Weekend
From: py8azt@uirapuru.org
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 15:10:21 -0300
The CWJF - Clube de CW de Juiz de Fora, Board had decided to open the
Manchester Mineira Contest to all Americas on next issue - An old request.

The Manchester Mineira Contest born as domestic Brazilian competition, but
after 13 years of ample success, of which 9 opened to South America, the next
CWJF MM is honored to include North America, Caribbean and Central America.

CWJF MM Is the biggest CW contest in South America. Year after year, the CWJF
MM grow and hit over 400 entrants in 2005; over 30 thousands QSOs (average of
77 QSO/entrant). We are expecting over 700 entrants in 2006.

I'm helping write the 2006 rules. So, I need to address a particular issue.
Happens that our Contes has been hold on May, third weekend - same Dayton
weekend. In 2006, should we keep the contest on this date or chase a better
weekend for this contest? Our point is ensure maximaum North American
participation. Is it possible with Dayton happening?

73, Luc
----
PY8AZT and PX8C @ Contest

Portal Uirapuru http://www.uirapuru.org
Skype User: luc_py8azt
MSN: py8azt@hotmail.com
Membership LABRE / ARRL / CWJF / Uirapuru DX Club