[CQ-Contest] QRPers --- Please QRQ

To: "CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>,"MWA Reflector" <mn-wireless-assn@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QRPers --- Please QRQ
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:40:17 -00
While Danny may shoot me for saying it, it's great to see so many QRPers in
contesting.

But it seems that many of them feel they need to send slooooooow and use "words
twice" procedure to get their message across.  Bad idea, guys.

Send your exchange AS RAPIDLY AS YOU CAN, and avoid the temptation to send it
twice "just to make sure I got it".

Honestly, in a contest with lots of band noise/competing signals/fatigue/etc,
you have a short window to get your message to me.  More often than not
(especially with the long SS exchange) QSB or QRM is going to take you out, and
I'm going to need fills.  And even more-more often than not, I won't be able to
hear the fills, so I give up on you.

"Telling it like it is", the result is that your UBN shows "NIL" for that Q,
because after the second try you're going to get a quick "R TU" from me and
I'll do an <alt-W> and move on.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb