Re: [CQ-Contest] QRPers --- Please QRQ

To: <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>,"CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRPers --- Please QRQ
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:46:26 -0500
K0HB wrote:
> "Telling it like it is", the result is that your UBN shows "NIL" for that
> Q, because after the second try you're going to get a quick "R TU" from me
> and I'll do an <alt-W> and move on.

I agree with all of the recommendations.  Many times this weekend the QRPers
slowed down when I asked for a repeat, as if the reason I couldn't copy it
was because they were sending too fast.  Nope... it was the QRM or QSB that
was wiping them out, and if they happen to catch a good moment in the clear
the faster they send the better.

Also, the longer I go without transmitting, the higher the chances of
someone stealing my run frequency because he doesn't hear anyone there.
Slow sending increases the chances of that, so I tend to have less patience
with the ones who slow down because they think somehow that will help.

But, if I do give up, I don't send "R TU" and wipe the QSO.  I say "sri nil
nil" so they don't get a penalty.

73,
Tom, NI1N