Re: [CQ-Contest] Greying of SS CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Greying of SS CW
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:21:34 -0500 (EST)
Its hard to argue that there is a big wave of us who were first licensed in the
50s/60s/70s are active contesters, however, I wonder how much the SS contest is
representative of the whole contest group.  It seems in our contest club, YCCC,
that there is A LOT less activity from us in SS than in CQ WW or ARRL DX.
Maybe SS appeals to an older crowd more, too.  No data to support it, just the
obervation from YCCC that the group that is strong in SS is different than the
group that is strong in DX contests.

Ed  N1UR