Re: [CQ-Contest] Memorable SS Fun-etics

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Memorable SS Fun-etics
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:18:28 -0600

Not in SS, but in ARRL DX and other contests, I and numerous others used
XE2FU.  Never heard anyone use the 'expected' phonetics.

I also operated KB5FU mobile in Mississippi during the Texas Armadillo Run
when we did the rest of the 5th call district--having 'done' all Texas
counties the previous year).  Galen/KB5FU drove, I operated.  Fun.  It was a
CW contest, so no 'expected' phonetics opportunity.

I once operated FD with Tidelands ARS in Texas City, Texas.  The call?
K5BS.  During my time on SSB, I was called with the 'expected' phonetics
three times by other stations.

73,
Dale, kg5u