Re: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics, back to basics

To: "Antti Nevantaus" <antti.nevantaus@gmail.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics, back to basics
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:16:48 -0600
I would strongly suggest that each station use what works best in the
majority of circumstances and if not standard, then revert to standard as
soon as it appears the non-standard phonetics aren't working.

The point isn't to adhere to standards, it's to be understood. Don't try to
be cute, but don't adhere to standards for the sake of adhering to standards
if yours don't work.

How can you improve upon somthing like Texas Radio? Hotel California? Baked
Potato? They work because they work. When they don't, these ops know what to
do.

Just because something is a standard doesn't mean it works in all
situations.

73, kelly
ve4xt