Re: [CQ-Contest] Another view for 1-pointers

To: "'Craig Cook'" <craig.n7or@gmail.com>,"'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another view for 1-pointers
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:46:01 -0500
With soundcards and software (MixW, MMTTY, WinWarbler, etc.) that
offer "Contest Modes" I will bet that participation levels in CQWW
RTTY will be very close to those of CQWW CW within five years.

To a great degree, the increase in RTTY activity will be exactly
because the RTTY rules reward participation by small stations in
W/VE as the rules reward CW/SSB participation by small stations in
Europe.  There is nothing more discouraging to a new contester than
not being able to find any QSOs that count for points.

It is time for the CQWW committee to face the realities of an aging
cadre of CW contesters, antenna limitations (CC&R/HOA control, zoning),
etc. and review the current CW/SSB scoring rules.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV