Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 160 and DX Window

To: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 160 and DX Window
From: "Mark Steven Williams" <k9gx@n4gn.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 03:10:50 -0000
The DX windows on 75 and 160 were ignored in the CQWW Phone, SS Phone and
last weekend during the ARRL 160.
In each instance the 10Khz window was chock full of some "prominent" calls.
To add to all this fun, there was a self appointed "cop", an "AD5" prefix
out of MS during the last couple of hours of SS Phone walking up and down
the band between 3790 and 3800 QRMing every station operating in that 10kHz.
I've never heard this clown in a DX pileup yet there he was "protecting" the
DX window. IMHO the guy was a textbook example of deliberate, malicious
interference and HE deserves to get popped with a "valentine from Charlie".

So, I'll bite, how do "WE" deal with K, N, W and A stations operating in the
DX window during tests?

Mark, K9GX