Re: [CQ-Contest] What to expect from 10 meters???

To: "Jacob W Tennant" <k8jwt@adelphia.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What to expect from 10 meters???
From: "Mark Steven Williams" <k9gx@n4gn.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 03:43:39 -0000
Jacob,

Point your dipole south and work as many LUs, PYs and YVs and you can.
There's a rather large sunspot moving across the Sun right now. Pray that it
spits at us Friday...or we get some sporadic E.

If we do, listen hard for Caribbean stations.

I'll be over at N4GN.  The ARRL 10 is sort of a tradition for Tim and me,
we've been operating it together for about 15 years.
When Tim called me last weekend to ask whether I wanted to play this weekend
I laughed and told him it would probably be like the time we operated in the
ARRL 10 Ghz contest. During that adventure I told him that once I thought I
saw the "rate meter move off the peg...the left peg" if you get my drift.

While discussing our plans for the weekend Tim mentioned that KC1XX made
about 150 Qs on 10M during the CQWW CW. That's an east coast multi-op with
stacks with ops in the chairs all 48 hours. That should give you a
reference.

You might want to check the 3830 list and check the 10m QSO totals for other
multi-multis in both versions of the WW. Should give you a good idea of what
to expect.

We'll be on as either N4GN or KY4AA. CU on the radio this weekend...then get
to work on those lowband antennas!

73,

MSW

Mark S. Williams