Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:33:21 -0800
Sometimes when CQ'ing gets slow, I like to go to a different band and start
at the bottom and tune up.  when I find a good mult, I can type it into the
logger window, and with the self spot feature here, it puts it in my bandmap
when I turn the VFO knob (note I'm not hooked to telenet).  When I get a
bunch of good mults in the bandmap, I switch to that band and start working
them.  I can click on the mult and it puts my rig on their frequency and
inserts the call into the log.  If you looked at my log, it would probably
look like I was using telenet, even though I wasn't.

The last few contests I worked, I did use the telenet (and made note of it
in my entry), but it was mostly because I just got the CAT hooked up and was
playing with a new toy.  Didn't see where it would help in the long run as I
actually spent a lot of time screwing around in a pileup where I probably
wouldn't have if I wouldn't have been using it.

But as far as anyone using it, I don't care one way or another--to each his
own I guess.  I'm not going to win anything here anyway, and now I just get
in to have fun and work some DX and old friends.  But if it is as one poster
said, "Cheaters have been caught", I have never seen mention of it anywhere.
Who are they?  73 and Merry Christmas!

Tom W7WHY