Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions
From: "Dale Putnam" <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:24:27 -0700

Looks to me that, if one chooses to not participate in spots, then one
doesn't connect.
If one chooses to be qrp, then one doesn't turn on the amp.
And if one is in a contest, using nothing but what he chooses, then there
isn't a lot that can be, or even should be done for/to/about one that
chooses to cheer, arrange for, or utilize extra means.
The only thing that would be nice... is that if one chooses to utilize this
that or the other for assistance, that it be published. But then you see, we
are at the same position as we are right now.
There are some that play nice... some that don't... and some that flip...
flop... or JK around. So...
When you happen across a signal, in a contest or not, it is your choice to
call or not...
I, for one, choose to play as fair as I can... using 2 watts instead of 5
when I am qrp... and when it is all said and done... and done... and done, I
know... with out a doubt, or a tiny bit of discussion with myself... exactly
how much power I utilized. With amps available, I could run a couple kw...
and claim it was 2 watts... but then what good would that do? If I place
better than my goal... guess it was good enough. If I place better than
Snuffy.... then I guess it was meant to be.
And... if we all enhance our hobby, each time we use it... it will be there
when we want it to be, and in better shape than it could be if we don't.

ok... nuff said.

Thanks for the bandwidth...
Dale - WC7S in Wy...