Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:15:27 -0500
Gosh, this is offensive -- two serious, ethical contesters being slandered for
doing nothing other than trying to stir up more casual activity in the contest.

How can anyone who contests say that casual ops "don't really exist"?  IIRC, in
CQWW there are at least 10X as many callsigns in the QSO database as there are
entrants in the contest.  Even allowing for busted calls, doesn't that suggest
that casual operators are the most important ingredient in the contesting stew
(sorry, couldn't resist).

73, Pete N4ZR