Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:21:34 -0500
  Why even have a selection criteria ??  Let everyone who wants to operate the
WRTC operate...

   Why should the sponsor provide a station/tower/antennas. Let each entry
bring their own
  and setup DXpedition style -  a rig, amp and wire only antennas. The sponsor
could help in finding
  station locations where you could setup something.  I'm sure there would be
plenty of possiblities
  within 100km of a popular tourist destination, where  most of the WRTC's have
been held.

     I agree there are many operators that are as good our better then the
"well known" operators that
  operate at multi-op stations. Give these guys a chance. The selection
criteria of the last two WRTC's
  has eliminated the odds of some "underdog" coming along and winning...

  The bottom line is contesting is not fair.  Those who have all the toys and
the right combination
  of operating skills and propagation always win.

Happy Hoildays... Jeff KU8E