Re: [CQ-Contest] Survey Results - Contest Software

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Survey Results - Contest Software
From: John Warren <nt5c@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:57:51 -0500
Rob ND3A wrote:

>Given the information I have, I am going to recommend to the W3SO crew
>that we go with N1MM.  Supports our requirements plus is free. Lot's of
>great feedback regarding WriteLog, but does have a cost.

Hmmmm. As an interested non-contesting observer, I have a question.
Why would contesters be willing to spend thousands - or tens of
thousands - of dollars to build a great station, and then worry about
whether the software to maximize the performance of that station is
free or costs $75?  Doesn't sound like very logical system
engineering to me.

John, NT5C.