[VHFcontesting] Survey Results - Contest Software

To: <pvrc@mailman.qth.net>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Survey Results - Contest Software
From: "Rob Shapiro - ND3A" <robert_shapiro@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:44:16 -0500
Earlier this Fall, I queried the contest community regarding contest
logging software requirements for use at the W3SO mountaintop site in
Altoona, Pennsylvania.  W3SO currently utilizes CT but is looking to
change.  The requirements posed were as follows:

ARRL and CQ VHF contests to include ease of handling QSOs with rovers.
.           HF contests to include the Pennsylvania QSO Party
.           Windows or Windows-like operating system
.           Easy and reliable networking for up to 6 station positions
.           CW keying
.           Digital Voice Keying (if possible)
.           Minimization of cost (secondary to above requirements)

I received many replies to my query, addressing the requirements to
various degrees, from little to all.  The following is a summary of the