Re: [CQ-Contest] Advice for SO2R from Caribbean during ARRL

To: "Andrew Faber" <andrew.faber@gte.net>,"Brooke Allen" <brooke.t.allen@gmail.com>,<CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Advice for SO2R from Caribbean during ARRL
From: "Georgens, Tom" <Tom.Georgens@netapp.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:54:24 -0800
Brooke -

I generally setup my full SO2R station in 8P for ARRL.

However, the primary purpose is not to tune for Q's and mults.  I do
that as well but it not very fruitful.

The real advantages are moving stations, checking band openings, and
rapid recovery from equipment failures.  Since the two radio/amps are
equal and have access to all antennas, there are a few other advantages.
Having two stations allows for quicker band changes (an advantage when
you get tired and have manual tune amps), alternate band CQ'ing (not
real productive but helps tell if bands are open) and finding clear
frequencies.

OTOH - for CQWW, SO2R makes as big of a difference as it does when
operating from the US.

73, Tom W2SC