Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW Support by ARRL Officials & Officers...

To: la5he@otterstad.dk, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW Support by ARRL Officials & Officers...
From: N6HC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:56:28 EST

In a message dated 1/25/06 1:41:11 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
la5he@otterstad.dk writes:

To get  into the LOTW system  was a challenge for me and without help  I
probably would never have made it.

What remains is to download  logs, which is a new challenge.
Unless you have been using a  cabrillo-compatible logprogram you are in
trouble !
I know from personal  experience.

If somebody could develop a piece of software that  could convert (
virtually) any type of logging program
I believe many  more would participate.

73  Rag LA5HE  ( senior citizen !  )

Rag:
You can also upload your .adif file to generate a .tq8 file.  I think  all
the computer logging software has provisions for making an .adif  file.  The
beauty of LOTW is that you can use either format to generate a "trusted" file
for
upload.  The LOTW software  does all the work.  Give it a cabrillo or .adif
file and ....presto....your  .tq8 file is ready to upload.
Arnie N6HC