Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP....

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP....
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:58:50 -0500
KM9M wrote :

All these SUGGESTED class changes, all these different angles on how to
interpret the rules to suit one's self needs /wants... even when WE ALL
know what the spirit of the language SUGGESTED meant......

Why don't we JUST LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS.............

  If nothing ever changed in contesting...

  We wouldn't have a SOA category because packet spots would not be allowed in
contests

 We all would be logging with paper and pencil since computers give you an
unfair advantage

 No one would would be SO2R because it gives you an unfair advantage

 There wouldn't be a M2X category because there are already too many categories
that "dumb down" the results...

There might not be a NAQP because that meeting in the smoke filled room at the
ARRL Convention
in Lousiville , KY  in 1980-something where that the idea for the NAQP was
formed (after the ARRL discontinued the CD parties) might of never taken place
because contesting became so boring no one was interested anymore.

Change is what keeps contesting alive and interesting. If the want is there for
something.. i.e a new category, a new rule.. the  contest sponsor should try to
fullfill that need..

73, Jeff KU8E