Re: [CQ-Contest] Cordless keyboard / mouse

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cordless keyboard / mouse
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 30 Jan 2006 09:34:59 -0600
On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 03:44, Marc Wullaert wrote:
> All  older and some newer ones  Logitech device's use 27mhz RF.I have the
> same problem
> with my microsoft wireless mouse on 10m.Placed the receiver somewhere else
> did some
> help but not when running the linear on 10m.

While probably not directly relevant in the contest station, it might be
if you decide to grab another one for the computer in the den:

**Don't try to run more than one Logitech wireless keyboard in the same
house!**

When the computer is turned on, the base station chooses a frequency and
the keyboards/mice autoscan to find the base station.  Works fine if you
have only one.

If you have more than one...  who knows which base station a given
keyboard will sync up with?

I've not used the 2.4GHz variety, they may have a more sophisticated
protocol.  Or maybe not.

I learned this the hard way when someone decided to clean up the ugly
wiring in a TV studio by buying four of these things...
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66

Ham stuff for sale: