Re: [CQ-Contest] Cordless keyboard / mouse

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cordless keyboard / mouse
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:34:48 -0600
> Solution is to either look for a cordless
> set that operates around 400MHz or
> one that uses IR - Infra Red communication.

I've used both wireless and infra-red headsets contesting, and an important
difference is that you can go to the bathroom with the radio wireless ones
but you can't with the IR ones unless you can see the IR transmitter from
your toilet.  I suppose if you wanted to keep operating while using the
restroom, you'd have the same problem with an IR keyboard.

Mark, N5OT